Agile teams and responsibilities¶
SKA software development is organized in agile teams.
- should we expand this section? The whole portal is dedicated to describe DEV practices and tools …
The Scrum Master of each team is responsible for the process the team follows. A generic description of this role can be found on the SAFe website. The SKA Scrum Masters are also responsible for:
- Meet the team, make sure they know each other and find a nice way to present interests, skills and get to know each other. Lead the team to find a name they like.
- Make sure all team members can access SKA confluence and jira.
- Make sure all team members have access to SKA video conferencing tools.
- Create a team page on the SKA confluence portal describing who belongs to the team and his/her role. This page will serve as an entry point for team related information.
- Use the Team Jira board to plan and report team activity happening in the development sprints.
- Run sprints planning/retrospective/reviews cycles and daily stand-up meetings with the team, making sure the team follows an improvement process.
- Work with the team in order to understand the SKA Definition of Done and development practices.
- Setup and maintain a slack channel for the team according to the slack usage guidelines.
- Setup and maintain a github team including all team members under the SKA organization github account.
- Manage permissions on github repositories the team is working on.
- Maintain consistency between the team composition on the various tools and platforms, and make sure that team members are using those in an appropriate way.
- Take part in the Scrum Of Scrums meeting, coordinating his/her activity with all the SMs participating in the development effort.
- Define specifics activities for SKA POs.